Why do some people worry more than others?

We worry because we need to feel a sense of control over things. We hope to control an outcome so we will not have to face an unwanted result. Our mind likes to fixate on a ‘known thing’ because vagueness is disturbing. Unpredictability brings us discomfort as it puts our future in a position with an unknown factor.

We attempt to change the outcome through the process of worry. The truth is, we don’t have a hand in changing what is yet to come, but despite this logic we waste our time overthinking stuff. Worrying cannot solve any problem – 90% of the things you worry about are out of your control so it is not helpful to worry. The other 10% you can control, so do something about it instead of worrying”.

Looking to reduce worry and live a calmer, more focused life is a step in the right direction. Mindfulness is the easy way to gently let go of worry and be in the moment. It has fast become the gradual way to manage worry and stress – without trying to find hours of special time to meditate.

Don’t worry – Be present: By connecting with the present moment, calmly observing your thoughts, feelings and sensations so as to become more directly aware of them, people who practice mindfulness, essentially, are better able to manage them. Our minds have evolved to identify, discern and judge in order to try control the outcome of events happening in our lives. By bringing a little mindfulness to the process, you can cultivate a flexibility and openness that will benefit you in reducing your worry.

Gradually we can train ourselves to notice when our thoughts are taking over, and realize that thoughts are simply 'mental events' that do not have to control us. Most of us revert to worry to cope and mindfulness can help us deal with them more productively.



3 views0 comments

Recent Posts

See All

 

              2018   master.  CLAIRE  LANE                                 STAY IN TOUCH    Love, Claire 

                                            Master your mind

 

              Plot 59, Notwane, Gaborone, Botswana

              e-mail: lane.claire.cl@gmail.com                                                                                            

                                                                                                                                  

  • Grey Instagram Icon